Import and export users and customers
Try it out on your free dummy site: Click here =>https://demo.tastewp.com/import-users-from-csv-with-meta
Clean and easy-to-use import and export users and customer plugin, for WordPress and WooCommerce. It includes custom user meta to be included automatically from a CSV file and delimitation auto-detector. It also is able to send a mail to each user imported and all the meta data imported is ready to edit into user profile.
- Import CSV file with users directly to your WordPress or customers into WooCommerce
- Import thousends of users or customers in only some seconds
- Export users or customers to a CSV file, filtering by role or registered date
- You can also import meta-data like data from WooCommerce customers
- You can assign roles while importing
- Send a mail to every new user, this mails can be saved as templates and are fully customizable, before sending you can test it
- Use your own
- You can also update users if the user is already in your WordPress
- Create a cron task to import users periodically
- Edit the metadata (you will be able to edit the metadata imported using metakeys directly in the profile of each user)
- Extend the plugin using the hooks we provide
- Compatible with WPML read the documentation to see how you can translate the front-end import and export users page and send translated email notifications to users
Moreover this plugin is compatible with many other plugins to be able to import and include them data, subscriptions, memberships, etc. Take a look:
- WooCommerce: to import the customer data
- WooCommerce Memberships: to import memberships
- WooCommerce Subscriptions: to create subscriptions associated with users while they are being imported
- BuddyPress: to import custom BuddyPress avatars, fields, groups and roles
- Advanced Custom Fields: to import data to the fields you define there
- Paid Membership Pro: to import memberships
- Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro: to import memberships
- Paid Member Subscriptions: to import memberships
- Allow Multiple Accounts: plugin will allow the same rules importing than this plugin
- Groups: to assign users to groups while importing
- New User Approve: you can import users and approbe/wait for approve them
- Users Group: to assign users to groups while importing
- WP LMS Course: to enroll users in the courses while importing
- WP Members: to import memberships
- WP Users Group: to assign users to groups while importing
- WooCommerce Membership by RightPress: to create memberships while users are being imported
- WP Private Content Plus: To import and export the groups to which users are assigned
If you have some problem or doubt:
- Read our documentation
- Ask anything in support forum, we try to give the best support
In Codection we have more plugins, please take a look to them.
- RedSys Gateway for WooCommerce Pro a plugin to connect your WooCommerce to RedSys (premium)
- Ceca Gateway for WooCommerce Pro a plugin to connect your WooCommerce to Ceca (premium)
- RedSys Button for WordPress a plugin to receive payments using RedSys in WordPress without using WooCommerce (premium)
- RedSys Gateway for Contact Form 7 a plugin to receive payments using RedSys in WordPress using the popular contact plugin Contact Form 7 (premium)
- Ceca Gateway for Contact Form 7 a plugin to receive payments using Ceca in WordPress using the popular contact plugin Contact Form 7 (premium)
- RedSys Gateway for WP Booking Calendar Pro a plugin to receive payments using RedSys in WordPress using WP Booking Calendar Pro (premium)
- RedSys Gateway for Goodlayers Tourmaster Pro a plugin to receive payments using RedSys in WordPress using Goodlayers Tourmaster Pro (premium)
- Clean Login a plugin to create your own register, log in, lost password and update profile forms (free)
- WooCommerce Products Restricted Users a plugin to restrict product visibility by user (free)
- First payment date for WooCommerce Subscriptions a plugin to set a first payment date in membership sites with WooCommerce Subscriptions (free)
- Import users and customers from a CSV easily
- And also extra profile information with the user meta data (included in the CSV with your custom fields)
- Just upload the CSV file (one included as example)
- All your users will be created/updated with the updated information, and of course including the user meta
- Autodetect delimiter compatible with
- Export users and customers choosing delimiters and using some filters
- Create a cron task to do the import periodically in order to integrate WordPress with an external system
- Interaction with lots of other plugins like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, Paid Membership Pro, WooCommerce Memebership, WooCommerce Subscriptions and many others
- Import users from frontend using a shortcode
Once the plugin is installed you can use it. Go to Tools menu and there, there will be a section called Insert users from CSV. Just choose your CSV file and go!
You can generate CSV file with all users inside it, using a standar spreadsheet software like: Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice Calc, OpenOffice Calc or Gnumeric.
You have to create the file filled with information (or take it from another database) and you will only have to choose CSV file when you “Save as…” the file. As example, a CSV file is included with the plugin.
Plugin will automatically detect:
- Charset and set it to UTF-8 to prevent problems with non-ASCII characters.
- It also will auto detect line-ending to prevent problems with different OS.
- Finally, it will detect the delimiter being used in CSV file
You should fill the first two columns with the next values: Username, Email.
The next columns are totally customizable and you can use whatever you want. All rows must contains same columns. User profile will be adapted to the kind of data you have selected. If you want to disable the extra profile information, please deactivate this plugin after make the import.
You can use a column called id in order to make inserts or updates of an user using the ID used by WordPress in the wp_users table. We have two different cases:
- If id doesn’t exist in your users table: WordPress core does not allow us insert it, so it will throw an error of kind: invalid_user_id
- If id exists: plugin check if username is the same, if yes, it will update the data, if not, it ignores the cell to avoid problems
We can use a column called “Password” to manage a string that contains user passwords. We have different options for this case:
- If you don’t create a column for passwords: passwords will be generated automatically
- If you create a column for passwords: if cell is empty, password won’t be updated; if cell has a value, it will be used
Plugin can import serialized data. You have to use the serialized string directly in the CSV cell in order the plugin will be able to understand it as an serialized data instead as any other string.
Plugin can import lists as an array. Use this separator: :: two colons, inside the cell in order to split the string in a list of items.
WordPress default profile data
You can use those labels if you want to set data adapted to the WordPress default user columns (the ones who use the function wp_update_user)
- user_nicename: A string that contains a URL-friendly name for the user. The default is the user’s username.
- user_url: A string containing the user’s URL for the user’s web site.
- display_name: A string that will be shown on the site. Defaults to user’s username. It is likely that you will want to change this, for both appearance and security through * obscurity (that is if you don’t use and delete the default admin user).
- nickname: The user’s nickname, defaults to the user’s username.
- first_name: The user’s first name.
- last_name: The user’s last name.
- description: A string containing content about the user.
- jabber: User’s Jabber account.
- aim: User’s AOL IM account.
- yim: User’s Yahoo IM account.
- user_registered: Using the WordPress format for this kind of data Y-m-d H:i:s.
You can upload as many files as you want, but all must have the same columns. If you upload another file, the columns will change to the form of last file uploaded.
You can export a file with all your users data using “Export” tab. There you will be able to find some filters and options to prepare your export.
Hooks: actions and filter
If you want to extend this plugin or use this plugin with any other, here you have a list with all hooks available in the plugin.
This plugin saved me a lot of time and work. Where can I donate?
Thanks, donations help us to continue improving our plugins and allow us to give the best support in the forums Donate Here via PayPal.
I’m not sure I will be able to import all users with correct data and roles. Will you do it for me?
Of course! In Codection we help you to import, migrate, synchronized, update or any other operation you will need to do with your users. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.